As 2009 comes to a close and your days become a swirl of peace, love and eggnog, I am writing to send my best wishes and most sincere thanks for your passion and support for the arts in our region. And with this, our year-ending update, I ask simply that you give. While hundreds of arts supporters and concerned citizens have already joined the movement, it will take thousands more to get us to the ballot and secure $15-20 million in new dedicated annual public funding for the arts in our region. Your gift, no matter how small, could make the difference. Thank you for celebrating the end of this challenging year with an investment in the future of the arts in our region. DONATE NOW at theartscan.org or mail us a check today at 1120 NW Couch, Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97209.
12 Great Reasons to Give Artfully this Holiday Season
1. Because the arts shape our neighborhoods, improve our education system, boost economic development and make us think, feel, dream and believe.
2. Because Seattle is outspending us in public funding for the arts by 300% and Denver spends nearly 6 times more per capita than Portland. Clearly, we have some catching up to do.
3. Because CAN’s budget is so small, a gift of any size is guaranteed to make a huge difference.
4. Because in 2006, there were only 34 teachers of art, music, dance or drama for 22,082 Portland public elementary students. And this ratio has not improved with the economy.
5. Because your gift will not only bring you great karma, it will make you famous! Go to theartscan.org and you’ll find a list of every single one of our donors.
6. Because creativity and innovation are critical to ensuring that Portland stays vibrant and economically competitive.
7. Because 70% of the voters we polled are ready to pay $1 per month into a public fund for arts and arts education – and that’s all it will take!
8. Because your gift is 100% tax-deductible.
9. Because the arts CAN give a lost child a compass.
10. Because Portland needs a new $15-$20 million public fund for the arts.
11. Because this is a limited time offer. Once we have established a new public fund for the arts, you’re money is no good here.
12. Because you love Portland and its time to make sure that the arts CAN and always will happen here.
Make your year-end donation to CAN today at theartscan.org and have a warm and wonderful holiday season
Thank you for all that you do!